Origin of Chocolate Truffles
One of the most popular and classic confectionary items, chocolate truffle has a rich and fascinating history. It was created in the kitchen of French chef Georges Auguste Escoffier during 1920s. One day, when his apprentice was attempting to make a pastry cream, he accidentally poured the hot cream into a bowl of chocolate chunks rather than the bowl of sugared eggs. Auguste Escoffier shouted at his apprentice and called him “Ganache”, which is considered a derogatory term for the word “fool.” He took the bowl and started stirring the chocolate and cream mixture. It started to form an emulsion that he could coat things in or pour into a baked pastry case for making tart or use as a sauce or glaze. When cooled and hardened, the chef found that he could work the chocolate paste with his hands to form a bumpy, uneven ball.
After rolling the new creation in cocoa powder, chef noticed that they have a strong physical resemblance to the luxurious truffles from France & Italy. Later, different truffle textures were created rolling the center ganache in white sugar or finely chopped nuts, and flavoring the ganache with Champagne and liqueurs.
How Truffle Cake can be styled in Different Ways?
Truffle Cake is made from chocolate but can be styled in a number of ways-
• Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake- It is a dense, moist, and chocolaty cake prepared without the use of flour. Basically a gluten-free cake, which is perfect for anyone and everyone.
• Eggless Truffle Cake- It is a chocolate truffle cake prepared with no eggs, which is layered with the soft sponge and creamy, dark chocolate ganache.
• Drunken Chocolate Truffle Cake- The Drunken chocolate truffle cake is prepared with a moist chocolate cake, chocolate truffle filling, and chocolate frosting, which are all infused with chocolate liqueur for a yummy drunken cake.
• Chocolate Walnut Truffle Cake- With the creamy texture, yummy chocolate flavor, and walnut dressing, the chocolate walnut truffle cake is ideal for all occasions.
• Heart-shaped Truffle Cake- A truffle cake can also be made in a heart shape for romantic occasions like Valentine’s Day and marriage anniversary.
• Truffle Photo Cake- Give a twist to your normal truffle cake by getting the picture of your loved one printed on it for their special days.
• 2 or 3 Tier Fondant Truffle Cake- It is a tiered chocolate truffle cake layered with fondant on all sides.
Why Chocolate Truffles Are Good For You?
There are several benefits of consuming chocolate truffles-
• The concentration of antioxidants is high in chocolate truffles that lower the risk of infections and some forms of cancer.
• Consuming chocolate truffle twice or thrice a week reduces the risk of developing heart problems.
• They are good at enhancing the efficiency of insulin in the body, which may otherwise develop the risk of blood sugar disorders.
• The bioactive compounds in dark chocolate used for the preparation of chocolate truffles protect skin against sun damage, improve blood flow to the skin, and increase skin hydration.
• Consuming high flavonol cocoa present in chocolate truffles improve blood flow to the brain that improves its functionality.
Order Mouthwatering Truffle Cakes Online From Ferns N Petals
Celebrating every occasion with a cake is best as it spread happiness around with its soft texture and yummy flavor. And when talking about cakes, nothing can beat the charm of truffle cakes that satiate the sweet buds of people in the sweetest possible manner. Whether you want to surprise your best buddy on his birthday or delight the heart of your parents on their wedding anniversary, a scrumptious truffle cake is best to convey your heartfelt wishes for them on their special days. A yummy truffle cake from Ferns N Petals will be best to congratulate your sister on graduation and make your friend’s baby shower memorable. We offer both egg-based and eggless truffle cakes in ½ kg, 1 kg, 2kg, 3kg & 5 kg quantities. So, be it any festival or special occasions of your dear ones, you can simply log in to our website and order the cake of your choice to get delivered at your doorstep.
Buy Exciting Truffle Cake Combos Online From Ferns N Petals
Just a cake is not enough to brighten up the special occasions of your dear ones. You need something pleasant along with the cake that mesmerizes their senses and fills their life with happiness and excitement. That’s why, Ferns N Petals brings to you an exclusive collection of cake combos, such as the cake with flowers, cake with a teddy bear, cake with plants, cake with chocolates, and cake with greeting cards . With the help of these exclusive combos, you can easily convey your hidden feelings for your loved ones without saying a single world. Be it the Mother’s Day, Friendship Day, Valentine’s Day, or Grandparents Day, our popular cake combos created with love and care will bring an instant smile on the face of people you hold close to your heart and turn their special occasion into a memorable affair of their life.
Enjoy Our Hassle Free Delivery of Truffle Cakes in India & Abroad
We at Ferns N Petals not only offer a wide range of yummy truffle cakes but also deliver them to a number of destinations in India & abroad. Many a times, you get invited to birthday, anniversary or housewarming occasions on a very short notice. In such tricky situations, Ferns N Petals come to your rescue. You can order cakes online from our website and get delivered to the destination of your choice through our same day and next day delivery service. Sometimes, physical distances play a cruel role when you cannot join your loved ones on their big days. Do not worry, we are here to help. Through our impeccable midnight delivery service, you can surprise your far residing friends and family members with our delectable cakes and make them feel closer to you. With our timely delivery, we promise to add more fun and fervor to the special occasions of your dear ones in the most beautiful manner.
Step by Step Recipe of Truffle Cake
You can follow this simple recipe to bake a truffle cake at home.
|2-3 cups of milk||6 tablespoons cubed butter|
|1 cup butter||125 gms chopped bittersweet chocolate|
|250 gms chopped semisweet chocolate||2-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar|
|3 eggs||½ cup heavy whipping cream|
|2 teaspoons Vanilla extract|
|2-3 cups all-purpose flour||For Ganache|
|2 cups sugar||250 gms chopped semisweet chocolate|
|1 teaspoon baking soda||2/3 cup heavy whipping cream|
|½ teaspoon salt|
• Step 1 - In a saucepan, cook milk, butter, and chocolate over the low flame until melted. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
• Step 2 - Heat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and stir in chocolate mixture until smooth.
• Step 3 - Combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda, and then gradually add chocolate mixture to it. Mix it well to make the batter thin.
• Step 4 - Transfer the batter to baking pan and bake it for good 25-30 minutes. Cool it for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
• Step 5 - To prepare the filling, melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan. Mix confectioners’ sugar and cream until the mixture becomes smooth.
• Step 6 - To prepare the ganache, put chocolate in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring cream to boil, add some chocolate to it, and whisk until smooth. Cool it and stir occasionally until ganache becomes smooth.
• Step 7 - Place a layer of cake on serving plate and spread over it half of the filling. Repeat layers, spread ganache over the top and sides of the cake, and then store it in the refrigerator. The truffle cake is best served at room temperature with a hot cup of coffee.