A Complete Guide to Growing Money Plant in Water Faster
- Author: Anushka Published: 11th Oct, 2022
A darling of people with a green thumb, Money plant, Pothos or Devil’s Ivy is a hardy indoor plant that fills every space with trailing foliage of golden-green coloured leaves. Given its never-give-up attitude, if you are looking for the easiest way to bring some green and tropical vibes into your home, this plant is for you. You don't need to worry about soil, light or anything else, but be mindful when watering to keep this fascinating treasure alive. This guide talks not only about how to grow it but also about how to speed up the process in water. But first thing first!
How to Grow Money Plant in Water
Listed below are the steps you need to follow to grow a money plant in water using the propagation process.
Things Required: A glass bottle/vase/jar, clean & freshwater/tap water, fertiliser (optional)Directions:
- Fill a glass jar with clean & fresh water at room temperature. Place the stem cutting of a healthy money plant inside. There should be at least two stem nodes on the part of the stem submerged in water, as it helps sprout new leaves.
- Place the jar in a location that receives bright but indirect sunlight. Within 1-2 weeks, you will see the roots emerging out of the nodes.
- Though it’s not compulsory, you can add fertiliser before putting the plant to encourage its better growth.
- Now your jar is ready for the plantation. Once the roots have formed, simply transform the plant into a moistened potting mix.
How to Grow Money Plant in Water Faster
You can follow these tips to promote the growth of your money plant:
- Change the water in the jar at least once a week to maintain a proper and uninterrupted flow of fresh oxygen.
- Feed your money plant with seaweed fertiliser to help it grow faster. Add it to the water every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Don’t keep it in direct sunlight as it may damage the growth of your plant.
- It is crucial your jar is spick and span to keep the formation of algae at bay.
- You can also try spraying the leaves of your money plant with a mixture of aloe vera and water.
- Pruning and trimming help with the faster growth of plants. Trim the nodes with multiple branches to make space for healthy foliage.