What you Need for Butterless Sponge Cake?
- White Flour – 3/4th Cup
- Eggs – 4
- Powdered Sugar or Castor Sugar – 3/4th Cup or as per taste
- Baking Powder – 3/4th tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 3/4th tsp
- Cake Tins – 2 Round (8 inches)
- Oven Temperature – 204-degree Centigrade or 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Butter Paper
How to Make a Butterless Sponge Cake?
- Firstly, cut the butter paper as per the diameter of the cake tin and keep it inside the tin followed by greasing the tin. Sprinkle some flour/sugar over it and dust off the excess.
- Break eggs one by one in a cup and then transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- Now in this mixing bowl, add vanilla essence, powdered sugar, and baking powder and beat very well. You have to keep beating until you reach a light and foamy texture.
- Now, very tactfully, you have to fold the white flour into this mixture. Don’t pour the 3/4th cup of flour all at a time. Take one tablespoon of flour with a spatula and give downward, upward, and outward strokes gently. Continue till the said amount of flour is folded well in the egg mixture.
- Divide this cake batter into two tins.
- Hollow out the center by pushing the batter from the center towards the sides. So, the cake would be thicker outside than the center.
- Place both the tins in a pre-heated oven and let it bake for at least 15-20 minutes. The Butterless Sponge Cake is almost done when you notice that the sides started to shrink from the edge of the tin.
- Or you may try the age-old technique of inserting a skewer or knife in the center. If that is clean, the cake is done.
- Finally, cool the cakes on a cooling rack and enjoy with your friends and family.
- You may add a dash of honey and treat your guests!
Related Post :