Hey bakers! It’s time for a new recipe that will leave you drooling. Today, we have brought a lip-smacking eggless sponge cake recipe for you. If you are fond of eggless dry cakes, then our sponge cake recipe is all you need. Get ready to relish a delicious slice of sponge cake with your fav cup of coffee or tea. Let’s get started with the smooth baking process!
Sponge Cake Ingredients
- All-Purpose Flour – 1 to 1/2 cups
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 3/4 cup
- Cooking oil- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Yoghurt- 1 cup
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take melted butter and coat an 8-inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and mix plain curd and sugar till it becomes smooth. Add baking powder and baking soda to this mixture. Set it aside for 5 mins.
- Now, add the oil and vanilla essence into the batter.
- Add All-purpose flour in batches and mix with a wired whisk or spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 35 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick and check.
- One of the most delicious eggless cakes is ready!