Pineapple is a tropical fruit which is important in lowering the level of cholesterol, strengthening the digestive system etc. Pineapple is used in various cuisines in preparing various yummy dishes from fruit salad to yoghurt, jam, sweets & ice cream to pizza toppings. One of the much popular use of pineapple is its inclusion in cakes. The slightly sweet and bleakly tangy taste of pineapple makes the cake tastier.
Read the recipe of pineapple cake and surprise your friends & family on special occasions.
What All You Need?
- Cake Flour or Wheat Flour – 3/4th cup
- Eggs – 4
- Powdered Sugar – 3/4th cup
- Baking Powder – 3/4th Tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 3/4th Tsp
- Round Cake Tins – 2 (8 inches)
- Butter Paper
- Chopped Pineapple – 1 cup
- Pineapple Syrup – 1/4th cup (use canned pineapples to get the syrup)
- Whipped Cream – 2 cups
How to Make the Pineapple Cake?
- Take a mixing bowl and break the eggs and whisk, one at a time.
- Pour the suggested amount of sugar, vanilla essence, & baking powder. Beat well until the mixture becomes light & foamy.
- Fold in 1 tablespoon of flour in this mix. Mix the flour with downward, upward and outward strokes.
- Now add the rest of the flour in the same way.
- Take the cake tins and grease them first with butter or refined oil and then sprinkle some flour.
- Now, divide the cake batter into two equal portions and fill each of the cake tins.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F/204 degrees Celsius temperature.
- Place the cake tins carefully in this pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Check the cake after 20 minutes with a sharp knife. If the knife comes out clean, then, your cake is done.
- Once your cake is done, bring it out from the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool completely before proceeding to the garnishing stage.
How to Garnish?
- Take one pineapple cake and sprinkle half the pineapple syrup on it. Then layer it with whipped cream and chopped pineapple and take the other pineapple cake to cover it.
- Now, sprinkle pineapple syrup on it and use the whipped cream to cover the whole cake.
- Use some chopped pineapples to decorate the top of the cake.
- You may further use some chocolate chips or almond slices to decorate the sides of the cake.
- Some strawberries or cherries would also look great as a garnish on the cake.
You May Also Like :