Nothing in this world can be compared with the taste of a chocolate cake! In happy moments as well as in sad moments- a chocolate cake is a great companion. This chocolate cake doubles the excitement of a happy mind and diminishes all signs of depression or anxiety from a sad mind. You can prepare a chocolate cake at home very easily because it is one of the simplest cake recipes to follow. A chocolate cake always tempts people and that’s why on special occasions, you can prepare this cake and present it as a gift to someone. So, wear the chef cap and enter your kitchen to prepare the mouth-watering, delicious, and blissful Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe. New Year Eve is advancing and then there are countless special moments like a birthday, anniversary, housewarming, etc. and by learning this recipe you can really multiply the joy of the special events!
Basic Ingredients For Homemade Chocolate Cake:
For The Main Cake:
|All-Purpose Flour||1 and 3/4th Cup|
|Baking Soda||1 and ½ Tsp|
|Baking Powder||1 and ½ Tsp|
|Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)||3/4th Cup|
|Vanilla Extract or Essence||2 Tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||½ Cup|
|Hot or Boiling Water||1 Cup|
|Granulated Sugar||2 Cups|
For Chocolate Frosting:
|Softened Butter||½ Cup|
|Baking Cocoa or Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)||2/3rd Cup|
|Salt||A Dash or 1/8th Tsp|
|Powdered Sugar||3 Cups|
|Vanilla Essence or Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
|Whole Milk||1/3rd Cup|
How To Make The Chocolate Cake At Home?
The Chocolate Cake: Baking Process
- Pre-heat your microwave to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease two cake baking pans of 9 inches.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle some flour on the butter or oil grease and discard the excess.
- Now take a medium sized bowl and put sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir them very well together.
- Now in this dry mixture break the eggs and mix oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- You now have to beat all ingredients in the bowl with a hand blender on medium speed for at least 2-3 minutes. Make sure, every item is mixed properly and no lumps are formed at all.
- Now in this already yummy looking cake batter stir in the boiling water so that the batter becomes a bit thinner.
- Now transfer the batter into cake pans equally.
- Bake for at least 35-40 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, you have to cool it completely become proceeding to the next step which is frosting.
- Keep the cakes in your refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
The Chocolate Cake: Frosting Post Baking
- Put the butter and unsweetened cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl and mix them well. Make sure no lumps are there at all.
- Now add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla essence or extract one after the other.
- Stir or blend these ingredients very well until you get a shiny and smooth consistency.
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours at least.
The Assembling & Decoration Time:
- Take one chocolate cake and pour a generous amount of chocolate frost and spread evenly on all sides.
- Put the 2nd piece over it and repeat the process.
- Cover the cake well with the remaining frosting.
- You may use some gems chocolates or sprinklers to decorate the homemade chocolate cake further as per your desire.
- Or you can be more creative and put some cut seasonal fruits on the cake and enjoy the heavenly taste of Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe with your loved ones!
P.S. Buttermilk is used in this Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe to add that extra fluffiness or softness to the cake. You may also use 1 or 2 Tsp of white vinegar to make your chocolate cake softer.