It’s National Sponge cake day! Are you thrilled to celebrate it by baking a traditional Sponge cake? Wait! This year, let us do something out of the box while sticking to the traditions. Here’s a chocolate sponge cake recipe that you can whip up and celebrate the day like never before! Check it out and relish this super delectable sponge cake RN!
Chocolate Sponge Cake Ingredients
- Eggs- 4
- Salt- 1/8 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar- ¾ cup
- Unsalted Butter- 2 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour- ¾ cups
- Cocoa powder- ¼ cup
- Baking Powder- 1½ teaspoon
How to make Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8×2 baking pan with parchment paper and oil.
- Take a bowl and flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Now, take another bowl, add 4 eggs and a pinch of salt and whisk it till it becomes foamy. Add the sugar and whisk it for 15 minutes or till the time it is completely dissolved.
- Take a larger bowl and add butter, the dry mixture and the beaten eggs and sugar mixture to it. Fold slowly till there are no lumps.
- Now, finally, add the batter to the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes. Leave the cake inside the oven for the next 15 minutes and then take it out.
- You can add melted chocolate or your favourite sprinklers to the Chocolate sponge cake and relish it with your family and friends.