Origin of Chocolate Cake
The absolute delight for taste buds and everyone’s favorite, chocolate cake has an interesting and rich history that goes back to 1764 when Dr. James Baker learned how to prepare chocolate by crushing cocoa beans between two circular millstones. In the year 1828, Conrad Van Houten developed an extraction method to extract the fat from cacao liquor that resulted in cacao butter and the partly defatted cacao. This process converted chocolate from a luxury edible item to a budget daily snack.
In 1879, the process for making silkier and smoother chocolate called conching was developed by Swiss Rodolphe Lindt. This process made the task of baking using chocolate quite easy as the chocolate amalgamates smoothly with the cake batter. From 1890 to 1900, the chocolate recipes were mainly for drinks. A molasses manufacturer introduced Devil’s food chocolate cake mixes in the mid-1930s, which was put on hold during World War II. Duncan Hines introduced a Three Star Special mix 3 years after cake mixes from General Mills.
The chocolate decadence cakes became quite popular in the USA during the 1980s. While in the 1990s, the molten chocolate cakes with liquid chocolate centers and infused chocolates with exotic flavors such as tea, red pepper, curry, champagne, and passion fruit, and champagne became widely popular among people. In the present day, all sort of chocolate cakes ranging from fudge moist cakes to dried plain chocolate cakes covered with a chocolate ganache and icing are popular among the modern crowd.
How Chocolate Cake Can Be Styled In Different Ways?
- Flourless Chocolate Cake- Rich and velvety smooth cake with an intense chocolate flavor without the use of flour. A best sweet treat liked by everyone and perfect to serve on any occasion.
- Eggless Chocolate Cake- It is a chocolate cake prepared without the use of eggs, butter, and milk. Quite tender, moist, and full of rich chocolate flavor, it was introduced by the British government to overcome the food shortage during World War II.
- Chocolate Oreo Cake- A rich, moist chocolate sponge cake prepared with Oreo buttercream filling and topped with cookie crumbles.
- Fruit Chocolate Cake- Enriched with the health benefits of fruits, this cake offers the dual flavor of chocolate and juicy fruits.
- Chocolate Walnut Truffle Cake- This cake has the creamy texture, delicious chocolate flavor, and walnut dressing, which is ideal for all occasions.
- Belgian Chocolate Cake- The Belgian chocolate cake is a delectable chocolate-hazelnut cake coated with a ganache made from chocolate and cream. It is garnished with bittersweet chocolate chunks and surrounded by crunchy hazelnuts coated in hard chocolate.
- Chocolate Truffle Cake- It is a luxurious cake with a ganache glaze and bittersweet filling.
- Chocolate Brownie Fudge Cake- It is a simple, dense, and moist cake that has lots and lots of chocolate. A perfect option for all the chocolate fudge brownie fans out there.
Why Chocolate Cakes Are Good For You?
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of eating chocolate cake in a limited quantity:
- Consumption of chocolate cake lowers the risk of strokes. The presence of cocoa increases the level of cholesterol (HDL) that is good for health and reduces the level of cholesterol (LDL), which is not considered healthy for the human body.
- The presence of flavonol in dark chocolate cakes is considered beneficial for the skin that protects it from sun damage.
- Chocolate cakes contain methamphetamine, a similar chemical that the human brain produces when we feel the emotions of love and happiness. It stimulates our brain to release good endorphins and make us feel better.
- Eating dark chocolate cake lowers the level of ghrelin, the appetite-stimulating hormone. So you will have fewer food cravings later in the day that proves to be quite effective for weight loss.
- The regular consumption of chocolate cake is known to enhance the memory and learning ability among humans.
- Pregnant women are suggested to eat chocolate cake at it reduces the level of stress and also considered beneficial for their babies. The research has shown that babies of the parents who used to eat chocolate cakes smile more compared to those whose parents did not eat chocolate cakes.
Order Online Lip-smacking Chocolate Cakes at Ferns N Petals
Cakes are the biggest source of happiness that enhances the fun and sweetness of every special occasion. When you have to extend warm birthday wishes, say I Am Sorry to a dear friend, or congratulate your parents on their 25th marriage anniversary, a cake is the best option to convey your deepest emotions in the sweetest possible manner. Ferns N Petals brings to you a wide collection of scrumptious chocolate cakes online to offer your taste buds a heavenly flavor that lasts in their memory forever. Ranging from Belgian chocolate cake, chocolate walnut cake, chocolate cherry cake to chocolate truffle cake and chocolate fudge brownie cake, we have a long list of chocolate cake options out of which you can choose the best one for your friends and family members. We have dedicated sections of chocolate cakes for every occasion and festival that are available in both egg-based and eggless category in the variants of ½ kg, 1 kg, 2kg, 3kg & 5 kg. Whether you want chocolate cake for anniversary celebration or wedding of your friend, you can place the order on our website from the comfort of your home and we promise to deliver it to the destination of your choice on time.
Buy Chocolate Cake Combos Online At Ferns N Petals
A cake is undoubtedly the best treat to offer your near and dear ones on major occasions and witness a bright smile on their face. But when the occasion is exceptional, just the cake is not enough to show your loved ones how much you care. That’s Why Ferns N Petals offers online a comprehensive range of chocolate cake combos, such as the chocolate cake with flowers, chocolate cake with plants, and chocolate cake with greeting cards . You can order chocolate cake combo online on our website from the comfort of your home and send to your dear ones to convey your feelings, wishes, and gratitude towards them in an exclusive manner. Be it the Father’s Day, Women’s Day, Mother’s Day or Grandparents Day, these combos are best to send love to the most important people in your lives in the form of a sweet and delectable cake. Apart from the chocolate cake, you can also send truffle cake, red velvet cake, butterscotch cake, and pineapple cake to turn every celebration of your loved ones into the memorable affair of their life
Avail Hassle Free Delivery of Chocolate Cakes in India & Abroad
At Ferns N Petals, we strive our best to add more fun to your celebrations with our yummy cakes and help you create sweet memories to cherish forever. Being a part of your loved ones cherished occasions is a blessing that allows you to witness their happiness and add to it. But there comes a time when you miss the chance to meet them on their big days due to the distance or prior commitments. Don’t let the distance keep you from sending your love for them. You can send chocolate cake online for your near and dear ones in India & abroad via our hassle-free same day and midnight delivery service. This sweet gesture will make up for your absence and make them feel closer to you. We also provide midnight delivery of cakes, flowers, chocolates, and plants that you can avail to surprise your far residing loved ones on their important days to add the element of fun and excitement to their lives.
Step by Step Recipe of Chocolate Cake
You can follow this simple recipe to bake a chocolate cake at home.
|Ingredients||For The Cake|
|Plain Flour||225 gms|
|Baking powder||1 ½ teaspoons|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||125 ml|
|vanilla extract||2 tablespoons|
|Boiling water||250 ml|
|Boiling water||250 ml|
|For The Chocolate Icing|
|Plain Chocolate||200 gms|
|Double Cream||250 ml|
- Step 1 -Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat two 8 inches cake pans with cooking spray and mark the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Step 2 -For the preparation of cake- Place all the cake ingredients, except the boiling water in a mixing bowl. Beat the mixture with an electric mixer until it turns smooth and well combined.
- Step 3 -Now add boiling water to the mixture, a little by little, until the mixture turns smooth.
- Step 4 -Divide the cake batter between two cake pans and bake in the oven for next 30-35 minutes. The cake is baked properly when it appears firm at the top on touching or the skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Step 5 -Now remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool completely in their respective pans.
- Step 6 -For the preparation of chocolate icing- Heat the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a low heat. Keep heating the mixture until the chocolate melts completely.
- Step 7 -Now remove the pan from the heat and beat the mixture until it smoothens. Leave the mixture to cool for 1-2 hours until it is thick enough to spread over the cake.
- Step 8 -Carefully remove the cakes from the pans.
- Step 9 -Spread the chocolate icing over the top of one of the chocolate cakes. Then keep another chocolate cake at the top of it.
- Step 10 -Ice the cake all over with the chocolate icing using a palette knife.
- Step 11 -Cut a slice of the cake and offer it to your friends, guests, and family members in a serving plate.