Butterscotch Cake: History & Origin
It is believed that butterscotch cakes originated in the mid-19th century in Yorkshire. Now what we see in the butterscotch cake are brown sugar stirred in butter but initially, it used to be treacle or molasses instead of sugar. The food historians have many theories in their head regarding the name and origin of this butterscotch. One of the beliefs is regarding the inclusion of “scotch” in its name. It is said that either it was cut into pieces before serving or it was “scotched” before hardening. Another sect of food historians says that perhaps it came from the land of scotch – Scotland and thus the word is included. This butterscotch is quite similar to toffees. The Parkinson’s of Doncaster made butterscotch boiled sweets and sold them in tins and that became the best product of the town and was exported in large quantities. Even Queen Victoria was also gifted this butterscotch while she visited in 1851.
Now, a Butterscotch Cake is a moist cake made from scratch brown sugar cake topped with butterscotch buttercream made with melted butterscotch chips! There is no such record of the exact time of the inception of butterscotch cake. But it can be said that by the end of the 19th century, it came into being.
Order Lip-Smacking Butterscotch Cakes Online For Your Festivals and Occasions
Butterscotch is one of the most popular cake flavors of the world. In our website, we are offering you at least 100 various designs of butterscotch cakes online. You may order these mouth-watering cakes for your loved ones on a variety of special festivals and occasions. None of our special events can be celebrated without a dose or desserts and what can be a better dessert than cakes?
Birthday: Get a tempting butterscotch cake for birthday celebration and greet your dear friend or relative in a grand manner. If the birthday is of your sweet little anger, then get the butterscotch flavored Barbie Doll cake for her. If you are celebrating the birthday of your teen girl or sister, then you can order butterscotch cake of a Panda Design, or Lavie Bag Design!
Anniversary: This is that time of the year when you feel victorious because you crossed another year of togetherness with your partner or better half. Get a heart-shaped butterscotch cake for the love of your life.
Mother’s Day: If your mom loves butterscotch flavor the most, then you must buy butterscotch cakes for her. To add some fun, you can get a set of butterscotch cupcakes for your sweet and caring mom.
Congratulations: In those moments of pride and victory, you must order an attractive and delicious cake for your loved ones and enhance happiness. For example, if your boy has won the soccer match in the inter-school or inter-college championship, then you must bring a designer soccer cake and call the whole team for celebration. When your employees have worked hard and attained more than the target, a designer cake can be ordered.
New Year: New Year means new beginnings. The past hurdles and mistakes must have taught you some lesson and based on that, you must start the new journey with new vigor. Call up friends and close relatives on the New Year Eve and celebrate this day with fun and excitement. Those friends and relatives who couldn’t be at your place for celebration, you can send Butter Scotch Cake online to them using our trustworthy services.
Why Would You Choose Ferns N Petals To Buy Butterscotch Cakes?
Ferns N Petals is the pioneer in the world of gifts in India. We are the number one online gift portal in India for its sea of gift ideas and a presence all over India and the world. The cake is one of our best-selling products because a cake can be ordered on a variety of occasions, festivals, and also on regular days. Here are some reasons to opt for Ferns N Petals to order butterscotch cakes online?
Variety of Designs: The shape in which you would get your cakes are – square, rectangle, round, Doll, Panda, Spiderman, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and a whole lot of other designs. You can even get a Photo Cake in butterscotch flavor to surprise your love interest, siblings, or parents!
Truly Delicious Taste: Only the premium quality of raw materials are incorporated to prepare the beautiful looking butterscotch cakes. Each and every one of them tastes great and would be appreciated when gifted to loved ones on any occasion.
PAN India Presence: Our strong delivery services are present all over India. We have covered all the metropolitan cities, small towns, and remote villages too with our delivery services. In total, we cover almost 400 plus locations in India.
International Delivery: We have crossed borders and gone international to reach out to your loved ones. We serve all over the USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, etc.
Special Delivery Timings: We have designed some special delivery timings like express delivery, same-day delivery, midnight delivery, fixed time delivery, and early morning delivery.
Apart from the delectable butterscotch flavor of the cake, you can also get a black forest, chocolate truffle, red velvet, strawberry, pineapple, and vanilla cake delivery online. We also offer an eggless variety of cakes so that the pure vegetarians can also enjoy each bite of the cake without any guilt. Similarly, we have also designed sugar-free cakes online for the diabetic and health conscious people!
Butterscotch Cake: Step By Step Recipe Debunked Here
Enjoy every festival or occasion by ordering tempting butterscotch cakes online.
|Ingredients||For The Cake|
|All Purpose Flour||325 gms or 2½ Cup|
|Butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix||3.4 OZ|
|Baking powder||3 ½ Teaspoons|
|Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)||3/4th cup or 168 gms|
|Packed Light Brown Sugar||1½ cups or 337 gms|
|Vegetable oil||3 Teaspoon|
|vanilla extract||1 tablespoons|
|Milk||1 and 1/4th cup or 300 gms|
|Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)||280 gms|
|Butterscotch Chips (Melted)||11 oz|
|Powdered Sugar||1 and 14th cups or 719 gms|
|Milk or Cream||½ cup or 120 ml|
|Butterscotch Chips (For Decoration)||12-14 oz|
Step By Step Process:
- Step 1 -Firstly, prepare 3 cake pans of 8 inches each with parchment paper circles at the bottom and then grease the sides of the pans. Preheat the oven to 176 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 -Now, you have to combine the pudding mix, flour, salt, and baking powder in a large or medium sized bowl.
- Step 3 -Now add the butter, brown sugar, and vegetable oil in another bowl and beat them together nicely. Keep beating until a soft, slight colorful, and fluffy consistency is reached.
- Step 4 -Add the eggs along with vanilla extract and keep mixing or stirring until a smooth batter is achieved. Very carefully, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Step 5 -Now its time to add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix them nicely.Pour the milk and mix until properly combined. Don’t worry, in case your batter looks a little curdled.
- Step 6 -Now, add the remaining dry ingredients and give a very nice mix. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Step 7 -You have to now divide the batter evenly between the three cake pans and bake for at least 25 minutes. Check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick.
- Step 8 -Once done, remove the cake from the oven and keep it on a cooling rack. Let it cool for some time and meanwhile you can prepare the butterscotch frosting.
- Step 9 -For the frosting, add butter to a large bowl and keep beating until it becomes smooth.
- Step 10 -Once smooth, slowly add the melted butterscotch chips and keep mixing until combined well.
- Step 11 -Now, add about half of the powdered sugar, salt, and half of the milk or cream and keep mixing until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 12 -Add the remaining sugar powder and give another mix followed by remaining milk or cream. Set the frosting aside.
- Step 13 -Bring a large serrated knife and take the cake out from the pan and spread about 1 cup of frosting on top of the cake.
- Step 14 -Add the 2nd cake and another cup of frosting on it followed by the third one.
- Step 15 -Whatever frosting remains, use that to put above the third cake. Also use some to cover the sides of the cake.
- Step 16 -Press the butterscotch chips into the sides of the cake once your frosting is over.
- Step 17 -You may now store the cake in an airtight container and consume it within 3-4 days.
Order Butterscotch Cakes for Valentine’s Day & Surprise Your Sweetheart
Ferns N Petals is the number one online gift portal in India that is popular for its attractive gift ideas. For this upcoming Valentine’s Day, you can visit our website and place an order. Out of all gift ideas, Valentine Cakes are one of the most popular ones. You will find the mind-blowing butterscotch cakes in cream type, cupcake type, fondant type, and designer type of cakes. Apart from butterscotch flavor, we also have the thrilling chocolate, vanilla, pineapple, red velvet, caramel, black forest, blueberry, coffee, and strawberry flavors. Using our international delivery services, you can get Valentine’s Day cake delivery in UAE online. We also have same-day, midnight, and next-day delivery services which you can use to order plenty of amazing valentine gifts for your lover located anywhere in India.