Flowers are love’s most accurate language. An enchanting bouquet of roses speaks volumes about deep love. Flowers are a beautiful creation of mother nature and to throw them away isn’t what they deserve. Self-love is the best love, and for making good use of the flowers that you received, you can pamper your inner diva with them. Create your exotic fragrance by the cut flowers and recycle them. Doesn’t it sound enthralling? Here is a mini-guide curated by our fragrance experts about how to make scented mist using recycled flowers. To get a unique scent and your kind of body mist out of the recycled flowers, just follow the simple steps and flaunt it away!
What You’ll Need
- Diffuser or Spray Bottle
- Cut flowers
- Glass bowl
- A Sieve
- Vanilla essential oil / Lavender essential oil
- The first step involves separating the flowers from the bouquet and washing them with clean water. You can use roses, white lilies, orchids and other flowers that you want to recycle.
- Take a saucepan and keep the flowers inside it. Switch on the flame and keep the saucepan on it. Let the flowers wilt on low flame for a few minutes. The process of wilting will allow the flowers to release their scent.
- Now, take a glass bowl and add water according to the size of your diffuser and add flowers in it. Cover the bowl and leave it for a night.
- Next morning strain the water inside the spray bottle and add two drops of vanilla essential oil or lavender essential oil. Add three or four petals of the flower in the bottle for aesthetic beauty.
Congrats! You are now a pro at preparing your body mist and recycling cut flowers. Our how to make scented mist using recycled flowers guide is specially made for people who are obsessed with natural fragrances. So, next time you get a bouquet make use of it for smelling floral!