Whitehead is a type of acne that forms when dead oil, skin cells and bacteria get clogged in skin pores. People with oily or combination skin usually get lumpy whiteheads on the nose, cheeks and chin. There can be several reasons for whiteheads like too much sebum production, eating greasy food, hormonal changes, sweating or living in an extremely humid environment. Touching your face to popping whiteheads simply doesn’t work, and it may harm your skin as well. And if left in for too long, whiteheads can result in acne.
We present the easiest and affordable home remedies to help get rid of whiteheads.
Fenugreek Seeds Paste
- Take 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds and soak them in water overnight
- Grind them into a thick paste & apply on the affected areas & leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water & use at least twice a week.
- Take 2-3 tsp baking soda and add water to make a paste
- Apply the paste on the affected areas & let it dry for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and try this remedy twice a week.
Gram Flour & Yoghurt Paste
- Take 2 tsp gram flour and 2 tsp yoghurt
- Mix two ingredients to form a paste
- Apply the paste on your face & let it dry
- Rinse it off with warm water & try this remedy thrice a week.
- Take 1 tbsp powdered oatmeal in a bowl and add the water; mix it well to form a paste
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and leave in on for about 10 minutes
- Remove the mask gently with wet fingers, rubbing in circular motions
- Rinse it off with cold water & try this remedy twice a week.
Sugar & Honey Scrub
- Take 1 tbsp sugar & 1 tbsp honey & mix two ingredients
- Use it to exfoliate your skin
- Leave it on your face for about five minutes
- Rinse it off and use this scrub at least once or twice a week.
Turmeric & Neem Powder Paste
- Take ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp neem powder and water
- Mix ingredients to form a paste
- Apply the paste on your face on the affected areas & leave it for about 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Egg White & Honey Mask
- Take 1 egg white, 1 tbsp honey and mix the ingredients
- Apply the mask on your face and let it dry for at least 15 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
- Use this mask at least once a week for best results.