In today’s fast lifestyle, there can’t be anything better than a delicious recipe that can be prepared in almost no time. The quick recipes are perfect alternatives to not-so-healthy food items that you end up ordering due to lack of time.
We have got you five quick snack recipes that can be made in 15 minutes. Whether you are in a hurry to prepare your breakfast or attacked by hunger pangs in the middle of the night- these quick snack recipes can be easily prepared with basic ingredients at home.
Chocolate cake in a Mug– It is a perfect chocolaty treat when you need a yummy dessert in less than 15 minutes.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1/8 tbsp baking soda
- 1/8 tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp water
How to make a chocolate cake in a mug?
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a microwave-safe mug and mix well
- Now add milk, oil, water, and vanilla extract in the cake mixture & mix
- Cook the batter in a preheated microwave @180 Degrees for about 2 minutes
- Your chocolate mug cake is ready to devour.
Bread Upma– It is a quick, easy, and tasty South Indian snack made with bread and spices.
- 4-5 bread slices
- 1 thickly sliced onion
- ¼ cup of green peas
- 1 green chilli, slit
- ¼ cup of chopped beans
- ¼ cup of chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tbsp. of turmeric powder
- ¼ cup of roasted peanuts
- 10-13 curry leaves
- 1 lemon wedge
How to make bread upma?
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, curry leaves, and green chilli. Sauté for a minute or two and then add chopped vegetables. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add salt and turmeric. Add bread pieces & mix well. Fry until the bread pieces are lightly crisp
- Turn off the flame. Add roasted peanuts & a squeeze of lemon. The bread upma is ready to serve.
Sweet Corn Chaat– It is a quick snack made with boiled sweet corn, chaat masala, tomatoes, onions, and herbs.
- 2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- Chaat masala powder (adjust to taste)
- ¼ tbsp. cumin powder
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ¼ tbsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make sweet corn chaat?
- Add corn kernels to a bowl. Rinse & wash them
- Boil corn in water until tender & then drain completely. Sauté them until tender
- Add salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, and chaat masala. Mix well & cool them
- Once cool, add onions, tomatoes, green chilli, coriander leaves, and lemon juice to sweet corns
- Garnish corn chaat with peanuts & serve.
Cheesy Onion & Chilli Toast- It is a toast made from cheese, chilli, and veggies spread on top.
- 4 toasted bread slices
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ¾ cup grated processed cheese
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Melted butter for brushing
How to make cheesy onion & chilli toast?
- Combine butter and cheese in a bowl & mix
- Add onions, salt, and chilli sauce to it & mix
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and apply on each bread slice
- Grease the baking tray with butter. Place the toast on tray & bake in a preheated oven at 200-degree celsius for 5-6 minutes
- Cut the baked slices into triangles and serve.
Poha- Poha is a breakfast recipe made by flattened rice tempered with spices and onions.
- 2 cups poha
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 1 potato cubed
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 3-4 tbsp peanuts
- ¼ tbsp. turmeric
- ¾ tbsp. mustard seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp. oil
- Salt as needed
- Lemon juice
How to make poha?
- Wash poha under cold water and set aside to drain. Do it right before cooking
- Heat the oil and add mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add peanuts and cook on medium heat till the peanuts turn light golden
- Add onion, chilli, and green leaves. Sauté on medium heat till onions turn translucent
- Then add cubed potatoes and stir well
- Sprinkle turmeric and salt. Cook for a few seconds
- Add drained poha & lemon juice. Cook on low heat for about 3-4 minutes
- Garnish with coriander leaves and your poha is ready to serve.