Breathe Healthy to Stay Healthy
'Pollution levels are going up alarmingly across almost all major cities in the world and this is a global menace that threatens our very health and well-being'
The magnanimity of this situation needs to be addressed if we want our future generations to live. Pollution is the real devil that is causing so many health related issues amongst people across the world. In India, the growing number of industries, personal cars directly equates to huge pollution outdoors and the heat, dust and smoke inhaled by us on a regular basis can lead to several ailments and life-threatening diseases if we do not take proper measures. Let's take a look at few measures that we can take on an individual level to reduce outdoor pollution:
- We can all do our bit to reduce pollution outdoors by sharing our personal rides to work, sharing cabs etc.
- We can adopt a carpool system for going to office, dropping kids to school, go for grocery shopping etc.
- Use public transport whenever necessary for longer distances
- Buy Electric cars that will cause no pollution
While we have little control over the outdoor pollution since it is way beyond individual efforts, we can do a lot for improving the indoor air quality around our homes and work places.
It's not necessary that you take concrete measures for curbing the indoor pollution. A few quick measures and you can ensure that you breathe healthier indoors. Indoor air quality is of utmost importance since we spend a large amount of time at home and work. Indoor air pollution can increase risks for strokes, heart disease, respiratory infections and even lung cancer.
In this context, you can opt for a simple solution- indoor plants! Why?
- Plants are natural air purifiers and work to eliminate dangerous and harmful components from furnishings, clothing and fuels among other indoor elements.
- Several studies and reports have noted that plants can remove up to 10% of overall carbon dioxide and can keep toxins below the recommended limit.
- Rooms that have plants are naturally cleaner rooms in terms of air quality and overall ambience.
- Keeping the right indoor plants can help improve air quality and will help you combat the effects of pollution in sealed/closed spaces.
- Plants also work as natural mood enhancers for most people and teach empathy. Caring for a plant teaches life lessons that are fruitfully manifested in relationships. Having a plant indoors automatically makes one calmer and happier.
- Plants are a treat for the eyes as well and studies have also revealed that touching an indoor plant can actually help in releasing stress.
- Having a plant at one's desk or in one's living room will help in focusing better and regenerate overall attention.
- Plants are natural sources of oxygen and automatically clean up the air indoors. This is a must for everyone since a large portion of one's day is spent in the office and at home.
When it comes to indoor plants, there are several options available online. You can buy them for yourself or also for gifting to your loved ones. The best part about gifting plants is the fact that they are perfect of any occasion. Few Indoor Plants along with their benefits are listed below:
Bamboo plants are evergreen perennial flowering plants are one of the most common plants that are used in Feng Shui for the purpose of providing positive energy to your home. They balance the five elements of water, wood, earth, fire and metal. They are considered lucky and are perfect for gifting your friends or colleagues on special occasions. There are various types of Bamboo plants that are available in the market and the variations are based on the number of bamboo stalks. The range is from a single log till twenty one stalks.
This is related to Feng Shui and is known to bring in good luck and prosperity. Also known by the common names Malabar chestnut, French peanut, Guiana chestnut, provision tree, Saba nut, old fables hint at stealing it from someone's house to get financial gains however no concrete proof of the theory exists. Order a money plant and place it on your desk or inside your house.
Bonsai is a Japanese art form using trees grown in containers. For the art lovers! Bonsai practice takes time and patience in being curated and hence are perfect gift options for your art lover friend. Bonsai can be created from any perennial plant that has leaves and branches. A lot depends on the type of pot or container taken for Bonsai. However once trimmed and shaped, they are extremely amazing to look at. People who can maintain a Bonsai plant are considered to be happy and satisfied.
Soothing Areca Palms
Areca Palm is one of the most popular and graceful palms. It is tolerant of the indoor environment, releases copious amounts of moisture into the air. Additionally, the areca is consistently rated among the best houseplants for removing all indoor air toxins tested.
Syngonium is a genus of flowering plants in the family Araceae, native to tropical rain in southern Mexico, the West Indies, Central and South America. They are woody vines growing to heights of 10-20 m or more in trees. They have leaves that change shape according to the plant's stage of growth, and adult leaf forms are often much more lobed than the juvenile forms usually seen on small house plants. These plants fits well in all parameters: they bring luck, absorb pollutants and purify indoor air, also are super easy to maintain.
Also known as Snake Plant and Mother-in-Law's Tongue, this plant is a West African tropical that is very easy to grow. It doesn't require much water and can tolerate a range of light levels. The Sansevieria is an ideal plant for indoor spaces because it is a superb air purifier and also produces oxygen in the absence of light.
Apart from these plants, there are plenty more for the true enthusiasts here. Other options include Ficus, Maranta, Peperomias, Jade, Boston Fern, China Plant and more. You can opt for enchanting terrariums along with other delightful combos. Order your chosen indoor plants online and ensure that you breathe and stay healthy always. Plants are also great for gifting to your loved ones on special occasions like birthdays, anniversary, promotion, etc.