Top 7 Different Types of Caramel Cakes
- Author: Tanya Sood Published: 29th August, 2019
Caramel is a wide variety of sugars heated together to form a syrup. It is a medium dark-orange confectionery product which is used to make candy, used in puddings, cakes and various other desserts. The process of caramelization consists of heating sugar slowly to around 170 °C (338 °F). As the sugar heats, the molecules break down and re-form into compounds with a characteristic colour and flavour.
When delightful caramel is combined with cake, it results in one of the most delicious desserts. It is an underdog flavour but is super delicious. We have launched a wide variety of caramel cakes for you to enjoy. Discover the world of caramel sweetness. Here are 7 types of caramel cake decorations one can include in their celebrations:
1. Cream Drop Caramel Cake
This delicious caramel cake is made with caramel cream with a topping of glazed caramel syrup. It is decorated with caramel cream drops, butterscotch crunch, and white chocolate chips. This cake is caramel overload and is flavoursome.
2. Caramel Walnut Cake
This cake is not only caramel, but it has walnuts too. Apart from caramel cream, a layer of caramel syrup is added on the top. It is sprinkled and infused with walnuts which gives it an element of crunchiness. Chocolate sticks are used to decorate the cake, so it basically a walnut chocolate caramel cake.
3. Heavenly Caramel Cream Cake
A heavenly caramel cake which is overloaded with caramel cream, inside and outside. The sided of the cake are decorated with cream drops and is drizzled with caramel syrup. A delicious Ferrero Rocher chocolate is used to decorate the cake and is surrounded by chocolate spirals.
4. Gems Sprinkled Caramel Cake
Chocolate, candy, walnut, and caramel all combined to make a heavenly cake. This caramel cake has everything one can wish for- it is filled with caramel cream, glazed with caramel & chocolate syrup, decorated with chocolate sticks, sprinkled with gems, and filled with walnuts. It is a complete package of happiness.
5. Delicious Caramel Cake
Simplicity at its best. This delicious cake is decorated solely with caramel. Apart from caramel cream, it is glazed with caramel and chocolate syrup. A beautiful cream flower is used to decorate the cake. It is simply delicious and is a perfect choice if one is trying caramel cake for the first time.
6. Crunchy Caramel Walnut Cake
When crunch and caramel are blended, it results in pure caramel bliss. This crunchy caramel walnut cake is topped with caramel glaze, sprinkled with walnuts, decorated with cream drops which are sprinkled with rainbow sprinkles, and topped with chocolate rings. The flavour of caramel and walnut is infused in the cake, and this is what makes it the king of caramel cakes.
7. Heavenly Caramel Walnut Cake
It is simple, it is crunchy, and it is caramel. Infused with caramel cream, intricately glazed with caramel syrup on the edges, this cake is euphoric. The crunch of walnuts makes it go good from great, and to add to the pleasure, it is decorated with chocolate spirals.
Some Enthralling Facts About Caramel
- The word caramel was first recorded in English in 1725, and roots are from the French and Spanish word “Caramelo" which means toffee or candy.
- The decadent flavour of caramel is loved so much that a day has been dedicated it. April 5 is celebrated as National Caramel Day.
- The first recorded type of caramels were hard candies that date back to the 17th century. It was in the 17th century when Americans cooked sugar and water together to make candies for children and were a routine food item.
- The delectable caramel apple was an accident. Dan Walker, an employee of Kraft Foods was experimenting with leftover Halloween inventory. He was melting caramels and dipping them in different fruits, and this is when he discovered the flawless apple caramel combination.
It is surprising how just 2 ingredients- water/milk and sugar can result in such a delightful flavoured confectionery product. Just like caramel candies, caramel cakes need to be glorified. There are different kinds of caramel cakes like chocolate caramel cake, walnut caramel cake, honey caramel cake, and so on. These all are worth trying.