Learn the Art of Making Someone Feel Special
- Author: Tanya Sood Published: 25th June, 2019
One of the greatest joys in this world is making the one you love happy. Bringing a smile on their face and looking at them beaming with joy feels truly blissful.
The tingly feeling you get when someone has a smile on there face because of you, those butterflies are the best. The foremost question which pops into one’s head is “how to make someone smile?”
To answer that question, one way to make someone feel special is by gifting. Why give gifts? The generic concept of gifting revolves around giving gifts on birthdays, anniversaries, Diwali, New Years, Christmas, Eid, Thanks Giving, Weddings, and the list goes on. The list of occasions won’t end. But have you ever thought about- Why do we need occasions to express our love to someone? Well, you don’t! Gifts help you strengthen the bond you share with your loved ones. It not only means you are happy about their achievements but about making them feel delighted. There are various feelings you can express by gifting. Gifts do not need to be occasion specific and there is no good or bad time to express your emotions.
Expressing Unsaid Feelings Through Gifts:
- Telling Someone You Love Them: At times we fall short of words when we have to tell someone we love them. It’s like all those feelings but not enough words to express them. Unveil those feelings by a gift they’ll love. Something which says all I want is a smile on that face. How about a DIY jar full of reasons why you love them? Even if you are not articulate, the efforts would say it.
- Telling Someone You Care: Words are never enough when you want to tell someone you care for them. You need to show them that you really do care. When you truly care about someone you tend to remember small things about them. Maybe this one time your friend told you how she misses these chocolates which she enjoyed when she was a kid. How about finding the same chocolates and gifting those delicious treats to her? Or even better, you could try making chocolates with the same flavour.
- Telling Someone You Miss Them: Missing someone is never easy. You keep getting flashbacks of all those beautiful memories filled with laughter, love, joy and even memories of fighting & crying on their shoulder. Let your long distance boyfriend, long-distance best friend, and in case if you live in a different city, your parents that you miss them by sending them something reminding of those times. A collage with your favourite moments turned into memories, this would definitely make them feel special.
- Apologising: Just saying sorry isn’t enough! You need to be thoughtful while apologising. Express your emotions with a personalised gift. How about baking their favourite cake? They’ll definitely feel special and would be overjoyed with the gesture.
- Gifts For Remembrance: Your best friend is leaving abroad for studying? Gift them something to remember you by. Gift them a personalised T-Shirt, a letter filled with all those memories or anything which will remind them of you.
- Your Loved Ones Going Through A Bad Phase: It is very disheartening to see someone close to you is going through a rough patch in life. They could be going through a breakup, loss in business, or maybe not feeling well for a while. Remind them with a gift that you’re there for them.
Apart from these, there are many more reasons to shower your loved ones with gifts. There are endless emotions one can express with gifts. One admirable way of communicating those unsaid words is personalised gifts. They express memories along with the strong emotions you feel.