Interesting Facts about Lucky Bamboo Plant
The Lucky Bamboo plant is a household plant which is easy to care for and grows well in indirect sunlight. Many people think that it’s a real bamboo plant. But it is a type of tropical water lily called Dracaena Sanderiana. The lucky bamboo plant is one of the most popular Feng Shui cures said to bring good luck and prosperity to the place where it is grown. It is also known to enhance the flow of positive energy in the home and office when placed in the right direction. The lucky bamboo plant represents the element wood and the red ribbon tied around it represents the element fire. It is known to create the sense of balance and safety in life.
Let’s have a look at some crucial information about lucky bamboo plants.
The history of the lucky bamboo plant goes back to Chinese culture for over 4000 years. In the Asian culture, it symbolizes good fortune and is popular during the time of celebrations like New Year and other religious festivals.
As per the Chinese tradition, the significance of lucky bamboo plant depends on how many stalks you have.
- Two stalks represent love, which is also said to double your luck.
- Three stalks represent wealth, happiness, and long life.
- Five stalks represent wealth that is perfect to give to someone who desires growth in business.
- Six stalks symbolize luck that is said to bring prosperity.
- Seven stalks symbolize wealth, happiness, and good health.
- Eight stalks of lucky bamboo plant act as a great motivator and luck enhancer.
- Nine stalks are considered the symbol of good fortune.
- Ten stalks represent completion and perfection.
- Twenty-one stalks represent abundance and blessings.
Some Common Shapes of Lucky Bamboo Plant
2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant
The 2-layer lucky bamboo plant belongs to the species Dracaena Sanderiana. It grows well in bright and filtered sunlight. Most of the 2-layer lucky bamboo plants are generally grown in the glass vase filled with pebbles and water but they can also be potted in the well-aerated soil for the proper growth.
3 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant
The scientific name for the 3-layer lucky bamboo plant is Dracaena Braunii. It is also known by various other names, such as Friendship Bamboo, Curly Bamboo, Chinese Bamboo, and Chinese Water Bamboo. It is the most common indoor plant in various parts of the world like India, China, and Taiwan. This one is a low maintenance plant that can grow well even in poor lighting condition and adverse situation.
7 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant
Elegant and easy to grow, the 7-layer lucky bamboo plant is a perfect gift for someone on professional and casual occasions. It ensures the good fortune and brings serenity and calmness to your home and office. Considered the perfect indoor plant, it is advised to use filtered water for 7-layer bamboo plant and change it every 7 days to prevent the roots from decaying.
Some Interesting Facts about Lucky Bamboo Plant
- The lucky bamboo plant is often associated with Feng Shui. The parts of this plant represent the elements of Earth, Wood, Water, Metal, and Fire.
- The stalks of the lucky bamboo plant can be manipulated into spiral shapes by controlling the amount of sunlight they are exposed to.
- When kept in East direction, the lucky bamboo plant attracts good health for the entire family and when kept in the south-east direction, it attracts money and wealth.
- When provided with direct sunlight and pure water, the lucky bamboo plants can survive for nearly a decade.
- Bring more happiness, prosperity, and wealth in your house by growing lucky bamboo plants and keeping them in the right direction.