Homemade Eggless Cake Recipe
- Author: Rima Ghosh Published: 1st August, 2019
A busy, tiring, and stressed day can feel just alright with the sight of a cake. And when the cake comes from the home kitchen – the taste is even better. There is always an extra dose of love and care when a cake is made at home. If proper ingredients are whisked in correct measurements – one will get excellent results. Additionally, the family members, friends, or relatives would be overjoyed to get a homemade cake on their special occasions. Once someone brings out a perfect cake from the oven at home – the confidence will soar and that means there will be more cakes. And why not? There are so many varieties and types of cakes to be tried at home.
But if someone is new to this world of baking, then, knowing the simplest cake recipe would be essential. Read below to know how to make eggless cakes at home easily.
Homemade Eggless Cake- Recipe:
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 and ½ Cups
- Baking Powder – 2 Tsp
- Salt – ¼ Tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tsp
- Lukewarm Water – 1 Cup
- Melted Butter – ½ Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 2 Tsp
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (optional) – 300 ml
- Vinegar – 2 Tsp
- First of all, the oven needs to be heated up for at least 15 minutes at 350F or 180 degree Celsius.
- Now lightly grease a 9 X 13 inches pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Take a large bowl and mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar very well.
- Now add the wet ingredients to this dry mixture one by one.
- Give a very nice mix using a whisker and don’t allow any lumps.
- Pour the prepared cake batter in the ready pan and tap it once or twice so that no air bubbles are formed.
- Place this cake pan inside the pre-heated oven and bake it for 35-40 minutes. But keep a check after 30 minutes only by inserting a toothpick.
- Take it out from the oven and keep it on a cooling rack.
- Once it is completely cool – you may serve it.
What About Other Flavoured Cakes?
Any basic cake is a vanilla cake actually because the vanilla extract is used as one of the prime ingredients. There are so many different varieties of cakes in terms of flavours and trying them one after the one in the kitchen fills the heart with extreme satisfaction for sure. So, depending on the demand from the family members, best buddies, or romantic partner – various types of cakes can be made.
Once the above mentioned basic cake making procedure is clear – then, baking any other cake is sort of cheesecake only. One just needs to add the flavor and decorate the cake well. A primary guideline to making other cakes at home is discussed below.
The addition would be ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup cold milk, and 2 Tsp yoghurt. Yoghurt is used to add more moisture and softness to the cake as it is an eggless one. The rest of the things would remain the same. One can play their creative minds and decorate the cake with white frosting or molten chocolate and crushed nuts/dry fruits.
The summer special fruit – mango is loved by one and all. To make a delectable Mango cake, one just needs to add 1 cup of mango puree to the basic ingredient list shared above. Once baked, cut or chopped pieces of mangoes can be used to decorate this cake.
One needs to gather all the crunchy, tasty, and healthy seasonal fruits like apple, grapes, berries, oranges, kiwi, pineapple, watermelon, etc. Once the basic cake is prepared, cover the cake with white frosting and top with these cut fruits.
The addition to the list of ingredients for this cake type would be 1 cup finely chopped pineapples, 3/4th cup yoghurt, 3 tsp pineapple juice syrup, and some pineapple slices. One needs to use the chopped pineapples and pineapple juice syrup while making the cake batter. Once the cake is baked, use frosting followed by cut pineapples.