Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
- Author: Tanya Sood Published: 2nd August, 2019
Cakes are a constant part of every celebration. No matter what the occasion is, a cake is important. The reason why cakes are so popular is that everyone loves cakes, as they bring happiness and flavour to the party. There are different types of cakes like cream cakes, fondant cakes, dry cakes, mousse cakes and many other flavours which make people go crazy. Apart from cream cakes and fondant cakes, mousse cakes are extremely popular. People love them but do not know much about them. A mousse is a savoury or sweet delectable dish which is mostly made of cream and eggs. It has a very creamy and smooth texture. Mousse cakes are flavoured with coffee, vanilla, mint, strawberry and the most popular is chocolate mousse cake.
Chocolate mousse cake is the most loved mousse cake made with whipped cream, egg whites(optional), cocoa powder and dark chocolate. It is a creamy dish, which is a fluffy rich chocolate cake and is super easy to bake.
Easy Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Ingredients & Apparatus:
- A Bowl
- One Hand Beater
- One Cooking Pot
- Baking Mould
- One Sieve
- Induction Unit
- 1 Litter Milk
- 1/3rd Cup Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3rd Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3rd Cup Corn Flour
- Dark Chocolate
- Prep Time- 15-20 Minutes
- Cooking Time- Over Night
- Difficulty Level- Beginner
- Servings- 3-4 People
Steps to Follow:
- Take a bowl and add 1 Ltr. Milk, followed by 1/3rd cup of whipped cream, 1 cup of sugar & 1/3rd cup of cocoa powder. Mix the ingredients using a hand beater. Make sure there are no lumps.
- When the mixture is creamy and smooth, add 1/3rd cup of cornflour and stir the mixture well. Again, make sure there are no lumps before you proceed further.
- Once the mixture is smooth, strain it into a cooking pot through a sieve.
- Now, cook the mixture on the induction unit, and add 1/5th cup of grated dark chocolate to it. Keep stirring it until the dark chocolate gets dissolved with the batter.
- Once the batter is ready, cover the inside of the cake mould with baking paper.
- Pour the batter in the mould slowly making sure it is smooth.
- Refrigerate the mixture overnight. Once the mousse is ready, remove the baking paper.
- Sprinkle Cocoa Powder over the mouse and your cake is ready to be served.
Fun Facts About Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Chocolate Mousse is a French dessert called the “Mousse au Chocolat.”
- The word Mousse in french means Foam, s Mousse au Chocolat means Chocolate Foam.
- The first name given to Chocolate Mousse was “mayonnaise de chocolat”
- The mousse was originally introduced in 1894 and was made of savoury dishes like fish and vegetables. In the 1900s, the famous French artist Toulouse Lautrec came up with the idea of mixing chocolate to mousse.
- April 3rd is National Chocolate Mousse Day.
Thereby, this delicious invention is appreciated and enjoyed all around the world and is perfect to pamper your taste buds.