Wish Your Dear SRK “A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY”
About Shah Rukh Khan & Lots More!
Shah Rukh Khan is one of the most famous actors of Bollywood and last year he has completed a magnificent 26 years in the Indian film industry. Born on 2nd November, Shah Rukh Khan turns 53 years old this year. He is an actor, producer, and TV personality. He redefined stardom just like Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Rajesh Khanna, and Amitabh Bachchan did in their times. He is fondly called the “King of Bollywood”, “King Khan”, “Badshah of Bollywood”, “Badshah Khan”, and of course “King of Romance”.
A Brief History to his Superstardom:
SRK’s story is exactly that “rags to riches” story. He is “the outsider” who went to Mumbai and struggled in the world of acting and then became the magnanimous Bollywood star. He was born to a middle-class family where his father never had a steady income and shuffled from one business to another. Through his father’s mess business at National School of Drama, New Delhi, he came into the close circuit of theater artists and perhaps fell in love with this craft. He lost his dad when he was just 16 and his mother died when he was 26. He debuted in the year 1989 with TV serial Fauji which led him to Circus in 1990 and both were success. He worked in titbits whatever he got to keep away unemployment (Idiot by Mani Kaul, Umeed , Wagle Ki Duniya, and English-language television film In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones). During his early days in Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan intended to do only 3-4 films and go back to Delhi to take care of his mom who was on her death bed. However, he got success in the industry so quickly that he had to stay back and rest as we say is history.
The story of SRK also had rejections for his average height, unruly hair, and an unkempt look, in short for not looking rich and handsome. While tired or rejections and depression, he promised while standing at Marine Drive: “One day, I will own this city” – in filmy style! And he did that.
Famous Quotes By SRK:
Shah Rukh Khan is also a motivational speaker and some of his quotes are here to make your day!
Some of SRK’s famous dialogues
Some Unknown Facts About SRK:
- SRK’s dad was one of the youngest freedom fighters of India. He tried his hands in many ventures but never met with success. He opened a mess in NSD, Delhi where SRK helped him. This was SRK’s ticket to knowing the theater personalities and later falling in love with the art.
- The man who counts 20-25 crore per movie was paid only Rs. 50 as an usher at the Pankaj Udhas concert in early 80’s. That was his first salary which he spent in buying a train ticket to Agra to see the Taj Mahal.
- Shah Rukh demands freshly ironed pyjamas while going to sleep at night. He says, “"one never knows who one may meet in dreams”.
- His favourite actor is Dilip Kumar, and his favourite actresses are Mumtaz and Saira Banu.
- SRK is a voracious reader and his favorite books are: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Album, Why Men Don’t Listen And Women Can’t Read Maps by Barbara and Allen Pease, & Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
- What can scare SRK? Well, SRK has a phobia of riding horses, and never eats ice-creams.
- All the number plates of all his cars read 555. SRK is superstitious about numbers and believes that the right numbers always bring him good luck.
- For his 1994 film Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, directed by Kundan Shah, he sold tickets at the booking window too. This is touted to be one of his finest performances till date & won him a Filmfare Award. He was paid Rs. 25000 for that movie back then which is near about 2 lakh today.
- Known as the “King of Romance” by all his leading ladies, contemporary actors, & upcoming generation of actors, he himself finds romantic movies very boring.
- 8 times we saw him play a certain “Rahul” & steal our hearts. They are: Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Darr, Zamana Deewana, Yes Boss, Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Chennai Express, and etc. He was Raj in 6 films – Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaenge, Chalte Chalte, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Mohabbatein, & Dilwale.
- SRK nailed the Anti-Hero role in 6 movies – Darr, Baazigar, Anjaam, Duplicate, Don, and Don 2.
- He holds the most number of nominations for his movies. Out of 226 total nominations, he won 207 times. 29 times he won the Best Actor award.
- Shah Rukh Khan was the only Indian actor to make it to the top 10 combined rich actors list of Bollywood and Hollywood. SRK was found to be richer than Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Clint Eastwood or Adam Sandler. As per Forbes, SRK is estimated to be worth $780 million USD dollars.
- He has received an honorary degree in recognition for his acts of philanthropy, altruism and humanitarianism and his global reach as an actor, from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. So, technically he is Dr. Shah Rukh Khan.
- Shah Rukh Khan has been given the status equivalent of Knighthood in Malaysia.
- One of SRK's craziest fans from Australia buys him a piece of land on the moon from Lunar Republic Society on his birthday every time. And she has bought him several acres on The Sea of Tranquility which is one of the most sought-after address on the moon.
Personal Information About SRK
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|School||St. Columba's School, Central Delhi|
|School Award||Received Sword of Honor in St. Columba’s School- the School’s Highest Award of Excellence.|
|Extra-Curricular In School||Hockey and Football|
|College||Hansraj College (DU) & Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Subject In College||Economics & Mass Communications|
|Extra-Curricular At College||Joined Theatre Action Group (TAG) where he studied acting under the mentorship of theatre director Barry John.|
|Degrees||Bachelors In Economics, Masters in Mass Communications, Chubb Fellowship at Yale University, Doctor Honoris Causa from the University Chancellor HRH The Princess Royal in Edinburgh, & Doctorate at Maulana Azad National Urdu University in Hyderabad.|
|Company||Red Chillies Entertainment. Also co-owns IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders.|
|Current Address||Mannat, Land's End, Bandstand, Byramji Jeejeebhoy Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai – 400050.|
|Parents||Taj Mohammed Khan (father) died of cancer in 1981 & Lateef Fatima Khan (mother) died in 1991 from complications of diabetes.|
|Siblings||Sister- Shahnaz Lalarukh born in 1960.|
|Spouse||Gauri Khan (Married Since 1991)|
|Children||3 (Aryan, Suhana, Ab Ram)|
|Prestigious Awards||Padma Shri by Indian Government, Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and the Légion d'honneur by French Government, UNESCO's Pyramide con Marni.|
Best-Seller Books Written On Shah Rukh Khan:
- SRK- 25 Years Of A Life by Samar Khan
- Power Of A Common Man by Koral Dasgupta
- King Of Bollywood by Anupama Chopra
- Still Reading Khan by Mushtaq Sheikh
|Zero||21st December 2018|