Plants and their benefits are countless to human life. From removing harmful toxins from the atmosphere to keeping the temperatures down – there are countless ways in which plants are beneficial to our planet. Our planet is going through an ill-health and only green plants can revive it. But one of the major things that you need to keep in mind is the place where the plants are kept. In ancient times, people used to plant directly on garden or lawn soil. But as time progressed and lack of garden became a problem, people started placing their plants in pots so that they can be moved easily from one place to another.
As the manufacture of ceramics dates back to thousands of years, so ceramic planters have always been in use. Till today ceramic planters are hugely popular among people because of their glossy look. They attach a warm look to any space and are much in demand. But what all you know about ceramic planters? Well, this blog is all about letting you know about ceramic plant pots.
Know What Are Ceramic Planters?
As per Wikipedia, ceramic is a solid material comprising an inorganic compound of metal, non-metal or metalloid atoms primarily held in ionic and covalent bonds. Common examples are earthenware, porcelain, and brick. The crystallinity of ceramic materials ranges from highly oriented to semi-crystalline, vitrified, and amorphous. For example, earthenware, stoneware, and porcelain are fired ceramics and are either vitrified or semi-vitrified.
Ceramic planters or pots are made from a finely-textured and light-colored clay which is then glazed. These pots are then fired at a high kiln temperature because that reduces the porousness of the pot. This process also makes the ceramic pots chemically inert.
General Properties of Ceramic Planters:
- Ceramic planters have high melting points and therefore, they are heat resistant.
- The beautiful ceramic planter pots come with great hardness and strength.
- Ceramic pots are also highly durable and thus they will last long.
- The ceramic pots are great insulators which mean there is low electrical and thermal conductivity
- The best thing about ceramic planters is that they are chemically inert. It means they are unreactive with other chemicals.
Benefits of Using Ceramic Planters:
- The first reason to use a ceramic planter pot is that it is porous and thus the movement of air and moisture takes place easily even down to the plant roots.
- Ceramics are quite heavy as compared to plastic pots and that means they can withstand the growing weight of the plants.
- Another feature is that due to the weight of the ceramic pots, they cannot be easily dropped.
- The thick ceramic walls protect the plants from the sudden temperature change. During the summer season, the plants are protected from scorching sun rays. Ceramic pots also trap water or moisture within soil and thus keep the plants healthy.
- Last but not the least, the ceramic planter pots provide wonderful home decor.
Mind-blowing Colorful Ceramic Planters:
The aforementioned points prove that ceramic planters are safe options. Ferns N Petals have launched some mindblowing colorful ceramic planters recently and you can check them out when you want to deck up your home or office space.
Pothos Plant In White Ceramic Designer Pot
This ceramic designer pot would be loved by all such people who are finding something simple yet elegant. Also if your drawing room wall is of dark shade- this white ceramic would stand out really well. Along with that, the pothos plant would provide a clean and clear atmosphere.
Gasteria Plant In Shell Shaped Ceramic Pot
In Hinduism, a conch shell is given much importance. The sound coming out of it is believed to evade negativity. The design of a conch shell is a symbol of new beginnings, purity, peace, and good luck. So, a conch shell shaped ceramic pot would be loved who loves to keep their home decor traditional.
Pothos Plant In Shoe Shaped Ceramic Pot
A unique shoe-shaped ceramic pot is for those people who are searching for something funky and unusual for their gardens. The little children at your home would find this one really attractive and thus to impart the knowledge of the importance of plants would be easier for you.
MILT Sansevieria Plant In Designer Blue Ceramic Pot:
MILT Sansevieria is one of the best air-purifying plants which can be kept at the office table, corners of your drawing room, or along the stairways. A beautiful blue ceramic pot holds this pot and needless to say the visual appeal of this plant is enhanced due to this ceramic pot.
Mickey Mouse Cactus In Purple Glass Vase
As mentioned earlier, glass is also a type of ceramic and thus included in this list. This purple colored glass vase looks royal and classy and thus would be a great gift for your loved ones. When you are thinking to renovate the look of your home, this one would be a perfect addition. It comes with a Mickey Mouse lookalike cactus plant.
Haworthia In Metallic Finish Ceramic Pot
This shining metallic finish ceramic pot would add that much-needed gloss to your home when you are decking up to host a party or get-together. Equally charming is the Haworthia plant that is a kind of cactus plant. This plant has beautiful looking stems and is believed to protect people from witchcraft attack.