Our dearest green plants can embrace everything with beauty and leave everyone mesmerised. A terrarium is one such masterpiece that you can make at home with stunning plants and enhance the overall look of your casa. Making a terrarium at home is pretty simple and as you know we are always happy to help you. Here is the perfect guide you need to make a terrarium at home. So, channelise your creative side and get ready to give birth to a scintillating masterpiece that is not only sustainable but looks gorgeous!
- Glass Bottle with a lid or cork
- Colourful Pebbles
- Activated Charcoal
- Peat Moss
- Potting Soil
- Terrarium Plants: Pothos, Jade Plant
- Tweezers or Tongs
Steps to Make a Terrarium
- Clean the glass bottle properly.
- Add a layer of colourful pebbles to the bottom of the bottle. The pebbles will make space for water to collect.
- Add a thin layer of activated charcoal. The charcoal will clear all the impurities that are present in the water.
- Peat moss is a nutritious soil and is beneficial for the proper growth of the plants. Make a ½ inch layer of it above the charcoal layer.
- Now, it’s time for adding a ½ inch layer of potting soil.
- Add your plants on top of the potting soil and spray a little water over it.
- Now, close the lid and your Terrarium is ready.
- Check on it once a week and clean the insides of the lid as well.